Top 10 Valentine's Day Skincare Tips
Want to know how to glow this Valentine's Day?
Young skin is clear, unblemished, plump and hydrated. Keeping it this way is the holy grail for skincare experts like ourselves.
Sunbathing (which causes up to 85% of the visible signs of aging), poor diet, stress, smoking, exposure to pollutants and simply getting older can all make regeneration slower.
So, what positive steps can you take to look after your skin and ensure it is radiant and glowing? We give our top tips.
1. Drink more water. At least 6-8 glasses of pure water will help to re-hydrate your skin.
2. Apply moisturiser to dampish skin for better penetration and hydration.
3. The most effective anti-ageing creams are those high in natural anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals and essential fats. All our skincare products are organic, pure and natural – they come packed with everything your need for vital skin. Don’t compromise.
4. What you put on your skin directly nourishes your heart chakra and energy body, so looking after your skin is one of the best ways to look after your whole self. For us, it’s the first rule of self-care.
5. Using an oil on your skin doesn’t automatically mean your skin will become oily. Our best-selling ‘little miracle’ Face Oil for Glowing Radiance is intensely nourishing and hydrating and can even help balance oil production. Apply before sleep.
6. Vitamin C is crucial to the formation and repair of collagen, and in periods of stress or illness our need increases. Take a high-quality vitamin C supplement.
7. This might be shocking, but sugar ages the skin almost as much as sunbathing or smoking. Remember this before you order that pudding!
8. A once-a-week face mask is ideal for renewing lacklustre winter skin. Try our Face Mask for Revitalising Skin, which contains mineral rich green clay, as well as Argan Oil and Rosehip Seed Oil - both rich in essential fatty acids.
9. Sleep is obviously as important for your skin as your mood. Try to eat light evening meals, switch off from electrics, have a warm bath (our Bath Salts for Inner Peace are a winner) and try to go bed at roughly the same time every day.
10. If still struggle with dark circles under your eyes we particularly recommend our Eye Serum for Renewed Recovery, a little known wonder that contains both Babassu Oil and White Lily – both of which improve the appearance of dark circles and puffiness.